Please note that the estimated life result from this calculator is for reference only and NOT a guaranteed life specification.
Miniature type (Ripple life capacitors)
- This calculator is applicable to catalog part numbers but not custom designed parts. Please contact your local Nichicon sales office when you need assistance.
- This calculator is applicable for an ambient temperature range of 40℃ to the maximum rated temperature of the part.
- The frequency for In and Im should be the same for this calculation. If they differ, please convert In to the same frequency as Im by using the “Frequency coefficient of
rated ripple current specified in a table on each series page in the Nichicon Catalog.
Also please pay attention that the figure you enter for applied ripple current (In) does NOT exceed the allowable rated ripple current (Im). If this is done, an error message, “In entered exceeds the allowable ripple value” will appear.
- Fifteen(15) years is generally considered to be the maximum for the estimated life result obtained by using this calculator.
- If you do not find the series you desire, please don’t hesitate to contact your local Nichicon sales office.