Relations with Clients
To offer a more high-quality, more efficient product, the Nichicon Group has persisted in quality control and has built up an original production management system which enables us to check when, where, which product, and under what situation our products are being made, aiming at zero defectives.
Besides all factories at home and abroad already having obtained the certification of ISO 9000 Series, ISO/TS 16949, the international standard of the auto industry, has been obtained at one overseas and five domestic manufacturing facilities.
Response to Quality Complaints
Nichicon established a system for responding to complaints. Under the system, we understand the information correctly; respond to customers with quick, fair, and proper treatment; feed the information back to the manufacturing process; and prevent a recurrence.
Product Safety Policy
The Nichicon Group declares the product safety policy as "based on earth-friendly, human-friendly, and productfriendly production with safety first." Each department of technology, sales, and administration established the following policies in order to exercise their responsibility as a manufacturer.
- In order to clarify and eliminate all risks and imperfections assuming every possibility of unexpected use by the customer and every process from production to waste:
a. Design to ensure safety in case of failure.
b. Design to ensure safety in case of misuse.
c. Design to keep out of mischief.
- In order to make customers aware of the functions of products for safe use, publish an instruction manual that is:
a. Easy to understand.
b. Clear with the effects on products and customers if warnings and notes are ignored.
- Comprehend laws, standards, and specifications about safety not only in Japan but also overseas and reflect them in the design.
- Select important safety components with high safety and reliability.
- Evaluate the safety of prototypes and trial products for commercial production.
- Investigate the safety of products from competitors for future reference.
- Reflect complaints and demands from customers in the design.
- Acquire correct knowledge about products and provide information for customers.
- Avoid expressions in advertisement providing a sense of security greater than necessary.
- In case there are problems with product safety, report it and move quickly.
- Understand customer issues and acquire knowledge of PL (product liability) to deal with customers.
- Explain the correct usage for the safety of customers.
- Check compliance with laws, regulations, and standards regarding PL.
- Deal with product-liability cases and manage the related documentation and product-liability insurance.
- For waste of products, investigate the effects on the environment and provide suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
- Provide education about product safety.
Quality Assurance Department
- Conduct internal inspections of the product safety management system.
- Analyze complaints from customers and provide feedback on the problems.
Procurement and Production Departments
- Purchase proper materials and parts for products to ensure safety.
- Understand that defective parts will not generate safe products even if the design is good.
- Clearly convey the requirements on parts and materials to suppliers.
- Make an agreement about quality and safety with suppliers to enhance awareness of product safety management on both parties.
- Execute the acceptance inspection according to the procedure manual.
- Immediately provide feedback if there are defective parts or materials.
- Fill out every product safety item on the check sheet.
- In case of a special acceptance, clarify the procedure and judgment standard.
- In inspection of important safety parts, make sure that the test is advisable.
- As for parts and materials, understand how they are applied and used in the final products.
- Report all problems or questions during the process or testing.
- Fill out check items regarding product safety in the QC procedural flowchart and work operations standard form.
- Be sure to evaluate measuring instruments and overhaul tools and equipment for production.
- Never fail to fill out product safety items for the final product in the checklist.
- Be sure to distinguish disqualified products to prevent them from being mixed with products passing inspection.
- Confirm that there is no burrs or sharp edges that may injure someone.